One of the most common diseases in men is prostatitis. Its signs are often rarely taken seriously, especially when they are mild. And this attitude can ultimately lead to more serious consequences. To avoid this, you should carefully monitor your health, especially for men at a more mature age. Today, a lot is said about this disease, but very often they exaggerate, or, on the contrary, underestimate its significance and danger. Let's look at what it really is, what are the first symptoms of prostatitis in men and what needs to be done.
What is prostatitis?
To begin with, you need to figure out what this disease is. Prostatitis is inflammation of the prostate, i. e. the prostate gland, which is one of the important components of the male reproductive system. It is this organ that provides motor activity and the viability of sperm. Accordingly, with her diseases and impaired activity, a decrease in sexual function is observed.
Most often men are exposed to the disease at the age of 20, and the older the man becomes, the greater the risk of the disease. It should be noted that it can occur in both acute and chronic forms, in which the symptoms of prostatitis do not appear.
Among the consequences of the disease are prostate cancer and infertility. Note that, according to statistics, this disease in a chronic form is observed in almost half of men aged 20 to 50 years.
Today, medicine is very closely involved in this issue, considering prostatitis, symptoms and treatment of the disease. It is treated quite successfully, the only thing that becomes important is the timely diagnosis of the disease. Therefore, every man, especially after 30 years old, is recommended to visit a doctor for examination at least once every six months.
Types of disease and manifestation of prostatitis (symptoms)
Depending on what caused the disease and how it passes, there are only 5 types of this disease:
- Acute prostatitis. This type is quite difficult. It is the result of bacteria acting on the prostate tissue. The main reason for the manifestation is neglect of hygiene and other features, which causes inflammation. This type is quite rare and its treatment takes place in a hospital under the supervision of doctors.
- Chronic bacterial prostatitis. This type is found in about 30-35% of cases of inflammation. The main danger of this type is that the first symptoms of prostatitis in men do not appear immediately, and in addition, they can subside spontaneously even without treatment. And after that, a new aggravation occurs with greater force, and this can continue indefinitely. There is also a risk of stone deposits, the development of abscesses and other complications, including the development of cancer.
- Chronic prostatitis is one of the most difficult forms of the disease on the part of diagnosis, since its only manifestation is pain in the pelvic region, which lasts more than 3 months. In this case, disorders of the nervous system and mental disorders can be observed. The diagnosis in this case can only be made by exclusion, since even tests very often do not show signs of inflammation.
- Asymptomatic chronic prostatitis. This form proceeds without symptoms at all and is detected only thanks to the analysis of urine, since it contains many bacteria and leukocytes during the disease.
- Chronic granulomatous prostatitis. Very often it manifests itself as a side effect of the result of irradiation of the prostate and treatment of diseases with medications. This disease is often asymptomatic. During the development of the disease, prostate tissue is replaced by connective tissue, which leads to dysfunction of the gland.
The main symptoms of prostatitis
For each type of disease, you can distinguish your own symptoms, but you can note the symptoms of prostatitis in men for each of the types, namely:
- Problems with urination. This is what is included in the first symptoms of prostatitis in men. Due to inflammation, the urethra is compressed, as a result, pain, burning, and other problems may appear.
- Weakened orgasm and poor erection.
- Acceleration of ejaculation during intercourse.
- A sharp decrease in potency or its absence.
- Constant anxiety and psychological depression.
These signs become basic to all species. If you notice that they appear in you, then you should immediately contact a urologist. You can also find out what symptoms of prostatitis may still be, and how to protect yourself from this disease. But consultation with an experienced specialist is simply necessary.
Why is prostatitis manifested in men?
If you do not want to feel for yourself all the signs of prostatitis in men and its symptoms, then you should know the main reasons for its manifestation and completely eliminate them. Basically, the disease is caused by neglect of health, in particular:
- Inflammation due to exposure to sexually transmitted infections.
- A sedentary lifestyle, often leading to poor circulation.
- Sexual factors (interruption of intercourse, prolonged abstinence, artificial lengthening of the PA).
- Immune system problems.
- Long-term and frequent hypothermia of the body.
- Constant stress.
- Hormone imbalance.
- Disregard for basic hygiene rules.
- Lack of vitamins in the body.
And other reasons that may lead to the disease.
What are the symptoms of prostatitis and its complications?
It has already been mentioned that prostatitis causes a lot of inconvenience in the form of problem urination, erectile dysfunction, etc. But these are only the first symptoms of prostatitis in men. In cases where the patient does not receive medical care in a timely manner, more serious consequences may occur, in particular:
- With prolonged neglect of treatment, the prostate will lose its functions and will no longer be able to produce a sufficient amount of secretion, thus in 40% of cases the disease leads to infertility.
- With self-treatment, a significant deterioration in immunity can occur, which will aggravate the situation.
Therefore, we note that the treatment should be carried out only under the supervision of an experienced specialist.
Prevention of prostatitis
If you want the manifestation of prostatitis, symptoms and other problems associated with this disease not to affect you, then it is worth taking preventive measures, which will help reduce the risk of the disease:
- Observe all personal hygiene rules.
- Have an active sex life.
- Review your diet for a sufficient amount of proteins, vitamins and minerals.
- Worried about increased immunity.
- Reduce stress.
- In case of any manifestations of diseases, treat them in a timely manner.
These simple rules will help keep yourself safe. But, if the first symptoms of prostatitis of the prostate appear in you, then you should immediately consult a doctor.