Prostatitis is an inflammatory process of the prostate gland. Frequent urination appears, sometimes with an admixture of plasma, painful symptoms of the genitals and rectum. A man may have sexual dysfunction, abscess formation, orchitis, infertility. In some cases, inflammation turns into pyelonephritis, cystitis, pathologies with the genitourinary system.
Inflammation of the prostate gland occurs after the penetration of the infection to the prostate from the genitourinary region (urethra, urinary tract).
How does prostatitis manifest?
The disease has a number of its manifestations:
- Frequent urination with painful symptoms.
- Discomfort is felt during bowel movements.
- Filamentous components are observed in urine.
- When emptying the intestines, a viscous discharge from the urethra is visible.
- Prolonged erection at night.
- Rapid ejaculation.
- The body gets tired quickly.
- Burning sensation in the perineum and urethra.
- Pathologies with potency.
- General state of depression.
- Intermittent urination.
The disease has variable symptoms, the manifestation of signs is noted alternately.
Treatment of chronic prostatitis, as well as of acute diseases, can be carried out using many different methods. These methods include traditional and non-traditional therapies.
Traditional techniques include drug therapy, massage, physiotherapy. Treatment of inflamed prostatitis with these measures is recognized as effective and safe. Activities of traditional and non-traditional methods improve the blood flow of the prostate gland, which allows you to normalize nutrition, oxygen supply. Due to normal blood flow, inflammation is reduced, and numerous bacteria of the pathogenic flora in the gland and adjacent tissues are eliminated.
Drug therapy is an essential measure of complex prostate procedures. Drug treatment includes taking antibiotics, specific antimicrobial agents (in the presence of pathogens), alpha-blockers, non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs.
First of all, treatment consists in relieving painful symptoms, since patients are in the greatest discomfort precisely from pain. Painful symptoms are eliminated by alpha-blockers. Their action is directed to the central nervous system. Treatment with adrenergic blockers for prostatitis allows you to relax the smooth muscles of the genitourinary system. At the same time, painful symptoms disappear during urination.
An important role in prostatitis is assigned to the psychological aspect. Since painful symptoms with problems of sexual activity negatively affect the psyche and general condition of the patient. For this, psychotherapy is used, which is integrated in a complex way to traditional methods in clinics around the world.
Prostatitis is not a sentence. His treatment takes place through a compulsory massage. Moreover, massage procedures are recommended for all forms and stages of the disease. Treatment takes place by pressing on the inflamed prostate gland. At the same time, the microcirculation of plasma in the organ improves, the accumulated secretion with bacteria is expelled into the urinary tubule. When emptying the urea, after massaging, the canal is flushed with urine.
Some experts have doubts about the effectiveness of massaging. They believe that if you treat the prostate with massage, you can provoke the transfer of bacteria to other organs of the reproductive system. But there is no clinical conclusion to this opinion (research is ongoing). Therefore, massage treatment for prostatitis is a mandatory session, regardless of the type of disease. Physiotherapy includes various warming procedures in which the gland receives increased blood flow.
Among the warming up, the microwave procedure is very popular.
A large number of patients give their preference to non-traditional methods. Alternative medicine is considered the most effective, safe and inexpensive (compared to drug therapy). However, before carrying out such a technique, you should contact a specialized specialist to agree on a course of therapy.
For example, treatment with kerosene, for prostatitis or peroxide, can be very harmful when the effects of herbal infusions, herbal ointments, suppositories have a positive, highly effective, therapeutic therapy for prostatitis.
It is better to discuss the choice of an unconventional recipe with a specialist, then it will be possible to avoid allergic reactions that are possible with intolerance to one of the constituent components in the product. What works well for one patient can be very harmful to another. This must not be forgotten.
Acupuncture sessions are an unconventional method of treating the prostate. Our doctors adopted this experience in Tibet. Tibetan medicine claims that acupuncture is the best therapeutic method for treating the prostate gland. The sessions are practically painless and have no contraindications.
Thanks to the complex of physical training, it is possible not only to be treated for inflammation of the prostate (with the diagnosis of prostatitis), but also to conduct classes for preventive purposes. Exercise can be performed in conjunction with massaging the perineum. The procedures are best carried out in the morning, thanks to them, the man gets rid of congestion, which lead to the most dangerous consequences for men's health. Due to stagnation, inflammatory processes develop.
Exercise helps to improve blood circulation in the organ. It is poor plasma circulation that causes stagnation in the pelvic organs (the main risk factor). Exercise helps to restore circulation as much as possible. If the prostatitis is bacterial in nature, then in this case there will be little exercise.
There is a developed set of exercises for the treatment of prostatitis:
- Deep squats. Movements are required to be done deep. No need to sit down to knee level. An effective result is given by deep squats, should be done more than a hundred times daily (the number of movements can be divided into several approaches per day). If this regime is initially difficult for the body, you can do the exercise three times a week.
- A movement that increases blood flow. Standing full length, legs are placed together. It is required to sit down by 1/3, lingering in this position, doing knee movements in turn (3-5 minutes). At first, the training will be difficult, after several approaches, the difficulties will disappear.
- Scissors. Sitting on the floor, stretching out the legs, crosses are made (for each limb up to 20 movements).
- In the prone position, it is required to raise straight legs up to 25 times.
- In the supine position, the legs are raised in a bent position, knees to the face. The legs are clasped with hands, this position is held for a quarter of an hour, if possible longer, it will be good. The more you lie in this position, the better the effectiveness of such a therapeutic load.
- All exercises should be alternated with morning massage of the perineum. The procedure is performed in the morning, after waking up, on an empty stomach, in a standing position.
Medical therapy with medicines
For complex treatment, the use of herbal remedies is recommended.
There is a special healing complex of natural origin. Active substances can accumulate in the tissue of the male gland, which has a beneficial effect on the organ. Inflammatory processes are eliminated, local immunity is strengthened. The active components of the drug are involved in protecting against free radicals. The active ingredients prevent the proliferation of prostate tissue.
The complex balanced composition helps to cope with difficulties during urination, relieving pain. Standard therapy is effective in treating a chronic gland.
The tool improves urination:
- the stream intensifies;
- the frequency decreases;
- well-being improves.
Patients receive a general strengthening effect.
Antibiotic group drugs
Recommended during the bacterial, infectious course of prostatitis. Especially often, drugs are prescribed in the acute course of the disease, against the background of infections, viruses, fungi. Therapeutic agents in this group of drugs are selected based on clinical results to identify certain types of harmful microorganisms. Each antibiotic has a different effect on a particular type of infection. The course of treatment does not have a standard scheme and can last from 5 to 10 days.
In addition to antibiotics, alpha-blockers with muscle relaxants are prescribed. Antispasmodics may be recommended to relieve muscle spasms of the gland and urea. They improve the flow of urine, eliminate painful symptoms.
To relieve the protective tension of muscle tissue in the pelvic floor, eliminate squeezing of the inflamed organ, reduce pain, drugs are prescribed to relax the muscles.
In severe cases, patients are advised to administer diuretics by intravenous administration. This helps to excrete large amounts of urine. Thanks to this, intoxication in the body, cystitis, pyelonephritis (ascending urinary infections) is prevented.
With non-bacterial prostatitis, painful symptoms are removed with analgesics, antipyretics, anticholinergic drugs. Constipation can be relieved with mild laxatives (liquid paraffin).
Cheap antibiotic treatment
An inexpensive drug has proven to be highly effective in the treatment of prostatitis. This is a cheap antibiotic that copes with pathological processes when patients have delayed urination, pain during ejaculation, or in case of uselessness of the course with macrolides, antifungal medicines, fluoroquinolines.
Recommended course: twice a day (2 tab. 480 mg), therapeutic therapy lasts from 5 to 14 days.
The active substances of the medication prevent the growth of bacteria. Its effectiveness has been proven against pathogenic flora resistant to sulfonamides. The remedy is recommended to be taken for infections of the genitourinary tract and prostatitis. The drug is excreted from the body after 8 hours.
It is contraindicated to take when:
- individual intolerance;
- renal and hepatic failure;
- allergic reactions to ingredients;
- pathological processes in the hematopoietic system.
During the intake, you should carefully monitor your body, as side effects are possible: headache, poor appetite, dizziness, pain in the intestines.
Of the side effects of overdose, a negative effect on the bone marrow was noted. Long-term therapy should be controlled by plasma biochemistry. Interruption of therapy leads to an exacerbation of the disease, the addition of inflammation, an increase in body temperature are possible.
Patient feedback on the treatment of prostatitis speaks of a quick relief of symptoms (after 3-4 hours), even in the case of a severe form of the disease.
The healing effect of pumpkin seed
In ancient times, with the help of pumpkin seeds, healers successfully treated prostatitis. The product is a simple and effective traditional medicine that is available to everyone. Semen contains zinc, which is essential for men of all ages. The effectiveness of seeds in the treatment and prevention of the prostate has been proven by many years of experience.
- To obtain a therapeutic effect, a daily intake of thirty pumpkin seeds is required. The seed should be eaten on an empty stomach, an hour and a half before meals. This amount is the daily requirement for zinc.
- 0. 5 kg of pumpkin seed (not fried) is cleaned, processed with a meat grinder or blender, a glass of honey is added. The mixture is mixed, and small balls are made from it (like a hazelnut). The prepared product is stored in the refrigerator. Before using one ball, take it out of a cold place (to cool to room temperature). It is recommended to eat 1-2 pieces per day, 30 minutes before a meal. The product does not need to be chewed, it dissolves slowly. The course of therapy is done annually, once, during this time all the balls are eaten. This method is very effective against prostatitis, and for prevention, in general, there is no better remedy.
What complications are possible with prostatitis
In case of untimely attention to disturbing symptoms and seeking help from specialists, a number of complications can be provoked:
- epididymitis, orchitis, inflammatory processes of the appendages;
- chronic cystitis;
- painful symptoms in the perineal area;
- degeneration of an acute type into a chronic one;
- scarring and narrowing of the urinary tract;
- obstruction of urea with urine retention;
For some complications, a surgical solution is indispensable.
Preventive Therapy for Men's Health
There are no complex indications in the measures of maintenance therapy for inflammation of the prostate. A man should lead a calm life, the execution of bed rest with plenty of drink. It is good to add sitz baths with herbal infusions to additional therapeutic manipulations.
If you want to sit down, the surface should be soft.
The chronic form of prostatitis will not do without prostate massage. This is the most effective treatment with a quick recovery.
An important point in therapeutic therapy is dietary nutrition. Food should be soft, for this spicy, fatty, sour, spicy, smoked dishes are excluded. It is required to refuse a lot of alcohol and coffee.
Ejaculation (drainage of the gland through secretions) is a good prevention of prostatitis.
Patients experiencing acute urinary retention are advised to have a temporary suprapubic fistula or intermittent catheterization of the urea.
In the acute form of prostatitis, cycling, hypothermia, and a hard surface for sitting should be excluded.