For effective treatment of prostatitis at home, folk remedies use extracts of herbs and plants, drugs and medicines that can get rid of the main signs of the disease. Non-traditional methods of therapy have been incredibly popular lately. But you shouldn't trust such methods of therapy 100%. Treatment of prostatitis should be under the supervision of a urologist, in a hospital setting. And herbs and plants cannot replace drug therapy, but they can significantly enhance it.
Home treatment of prostatitis
Treatment of prostate inflammation at home is not only the use of herbal decoctions and plant extracts. The therapy takes place in several stages, and will help to increase its effectiveness:
- devices (devices designed to treat the inflammatory process in tissues);
- exercise (a set of exercises that helps to normalize blood flow to tissues and "saturate" them with nutrients and oxygen);
- massage of the prostate (acts as one of the methods of treating the inflammatory process, helps to get rid of secretions and pathogens).
Apparatus for the treatment of prostatitis at home
When choosing a device for stopping the inflammatory process in the tissues of the prostate gland, it is worth clarifying how it differs from competitors' products. Today there are several devices on the market that will help to cope with prostatitis, the most suitable device will be recommended by a specialist.
You can buy the device you are interested in at a pharmacy or a specialized store, as well as contact the official suppliers of products via the Internet.
Prostate massage: pros and cons
When the prostate gland is inflamed, massage is not performed. This method of therapy is most effective in the chronic type of the course of the disease.
In essence, this procedure resembles a palpation examination of the organs of the prostate gland. It helps to get rid of the secretion, which is "teeming" with pathogenic microorganisms. And also massage promotes cell regeneration. Restorative processes are associated with an improvement in blood flow to the tissues of the organ.
The main advantages of rectal treatment are:
- helps to expand blood vessels and small capillaries, improve oxygen flow to tissues;
- helps prevent congestion;
- get rid of pathogens that have accumulated in the organ.
Disadvantages of the method:
- The patient may experience pain during massage.
- There is a great risk of accidentally injuring soft tissues.
The procedure is carried out by a doctor, with insufficient qualifications, he can injure soft tissues or harm the patient's body.
Chronic prostatitis is a severe disease characterized by a long course and regular relapses. Therefore, a urologist should treat it.
Exercise for prostatitis in men
An effective remedy for prostatitis is physical education. There are a number of exercises that can help treat the underlying medical condition and improve the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the tissues.
Exercise for prostatitis and prostate adenoma:
- Squats are one of the most energy consuming exercises. Squats will help improve blood flow to the tissues, but you will have to squat at least 100 times a day, doing 3 sets with an interval of 3 minutes.
- Scissors - sit on the floor, put your hands behind your back and raise your pelvis up. In this position, do the exercise, crossing your legs. The exercise is performed in 2 sets, 20 times for each leg.
- Swing with straight legs - you should lie on your back and raise your straight legs up without bending them at the knees (at least 20 repetitions).
- Cycling - helps improve blood flow to the lower extremities. The exercise is performed lying on your back. You can also pedal on an exercise bike, but if you don't have one, you will have to do the exercise for 10-15 minutes daily.
- Swing your legs while lying on your side - it is worth lying on one side and lifting one leg up without bending it at the knee. You will have to perform 20-30 repetitions, then lie on the other side and continue to perform the exercise.
Treating prostatitis in men with exercise at home is not an alternative to drug therapy. And a good way to complement it.
Treatment of prostatitis with folk remedies
Effective treatment of inflammatory diseases includes the use of beneficial herbs and plants. But herbal decoctions are not a medicine, but an addition to it. It is worth taking such funds as an adjunct to taking antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs.
The most effective herbs for prostatitis
Treatment of prostatitis in men with folk remedies includes herbal medicine, it is carried out using the following plants:
- Aspen bark. The recipe for aspen bark infusion is simple, it is worth pouring 3 tbsp. tablespoons of dry raw materials with a glass of boiling water. Then put the medicine in a water bath, remove after 15 minutes, strain and use during the day.
- Parsley. It has a positive effect on potency and improves blood flow to tissues. You just need to grind 30 gr. plants and pour boiling water over it, then filter and take several times a day, the resulting broth.
- Garlic - has powerful antibacterial properties. The recipe for making a medicine based on garlic is simple: it is worth chopping 4 cloves, pouring boiling water over them and letting stand for 12 hours. Then strain the broth and drink in the morning before eating, 50-100 ml. Repeat the procedure in the evening.
- Horsetail - worth adding 2 tbsp. dry raw materials with a glass of boiling water. Prepare a strong infusion, strain it and mix with the decoction of St. John's wort. Such a cocktail must be drunk every day, in small portions, dividing 2 glasses of the drug into 3 doses.
- Cranberry - This berry is rich in vitamin C, it stimulates the activity of the human immune system. You can just eat cranberries, sprinkle them with sugar, or you can make fruit drinks from them. The drink will have a pleasant sour taste, it is recommended to drink it every day for breakfast.
- Kalanchoe has a wound healing and powerful bactericidal effect. You can prepare a healing tincture on alcohol based on the plant. Her recipe is simple: cut leaves are poured with 500 ml of vodka, placed in a dark place. After 10 days, the medicine will be ready.
- Wormwood - it is necessary to mix bitter wormwood and oregano in equal proportions, grind the raw materials in a coffee grinder and boil with boiling water. For 300 ml of water, 20 g is required. dry raw materials. The broth is placed in a dark place, let it brew for 2 hours, then filter and drink 100 ml per day, divided into 3 doses.
- Fireweed (Ivan tea) - 3 tbsp. spoons of dry raw materials are poured with a glass of boiling water, covered with a lid and placed in a dark place. When the broth has cooled, it is passed through cheesecloth or a sieve. Then they drink 100 ml a day before meals.
- Pumpkin seeds - rich in zinc, they help normalize the immune system and the brain, as well as cope with inflammation of the prostate. It is enough to eat 30 pumpkin seeds daily half an hour before meals to feel the result.
- Common chestnut - the seeds of this plant are most effective. They are crushed and poured with boiling water (1 tablespoon per 1 liter of water). It is important not to overdo it with the proportions, as chestnut seeds contain toxic substances.
- Ginseng. This herb is used to treat inflammatory diseases of the prostate gland. An alcoholic tincture of ginseng is recommended to drink. It is dripped into a glass (10 drops no more), diluted with water and consumed 3 times a day.
- Thuja - has good anti-inflammatory properties. To get rid of prostatitis, it is worth pouring 500 ml of boiling water in 1 tbsp. a spoonful of thuja. When the broth has cooled, it can be used as a means for carrying out hygiene procedures and sitz baths.
- Rhodiola rosea (golden root) - for prostatitis, an alcohol tincture is prescribed. It is used in 10-20 drops, dividing the number of receptions by 3 times. The tincture is diluted with water and consumed 30 minutes before meals.
Parsley and garlic go well together. These plants can be combined to make an excellent medicine.
Honey and beekeeping products
Folk remedies for prostatitis often include honey. It is considered a natural antiseptic. But before starting therapy with honey it is worth:
- make sure there are no problems with blood sugar levels;
- make sure that there is no allergy to the beekeeping product.
The following recipes will help to cure prostatitis at home with honey:
- Honey with celandine broth. The beekeeping product is mixed with a ready-made broth of celandine (100 grams of dry raw materials are poured with 700 ml of boiling water, put in a water bath for 15 minutes, then filtered and dissolved in a decoction of 500 grams of honey). The medicine will be ready in a few minutes. It is recommended to store it in the refrigerator, drink 1 tbsp. spoon 3 times a day before meals.
- St. John's wort and honey. A strong infusion is prepared from the herb. Pour 3 tbsp. tablespoons of St. John's wort with a glass of boiling water. Then add honey (150 gr. ) To the strained broth. The medicine is taken in 1 tbsp. spoon before meals, daily. The course of treatment is a month.
Juice therapy for prostatitis
Treatment of prostatitis and prostate adenoma with juices is a good alternative to decoctions of herbs and plants. Juice therapy includes the daily use of this drink and promotes overall health of the body.
Treatment of prostatitis with juices, useful recipes:
- Squeeze out the juice of beets, cucumbers, carrots and celery root. Mix the ingredients in equal proportions and drink the drink. This juice is recommended to be consumed 3 times a day, 125 gr. at a time, before meals.
- Onion juice is good for prostatitis. It is mixed with honey and drunk after meals (30 ml of juice and 5g of honey).
- Parsley and celery juice - this drink has a beneficial effect on the functioning of all organs of the prostate gland. To prepare it, it is worth squeezing the juice from parsley and celery root, mixing them in equal proportions and drinking. 60 gr. drink before meals.
If you supplement such a "cocktail" with quail eggs (at least 10 of them are required), then you will be able to get a drink that has a positive effect on potency.
Prevention of prostatitis in men at home
There are several types of preventive procedures, they include:
- Compliance with certain dietary rules (you will have to give up fatty, fried, salty and peppery foods, remove from the diet foods that irritate the kidneys and liver).
- Do not consume alcohol (it is advisable to exclude alcohol completely, but if this is not possible, then at least reduce the amount of alcohol consumed by 2 times).
- Go in for sports (moderate physical activity will benefit a man, they will help improve blood flow to the pelvic organs, and normalize blood circulation).
- Take vitamins (trace elements and vitamins strengthen the immune system and, when treating inflammatory diseases, improve the body's resistance).
No drug can compare to honey or herbs. Well, honey, herbs, and exercise are no substitute for medication. For this reason, you should not 100% trust the methods of alternative medicine, because no one has yet canceled the appeal to doctors and treatment with pills.